Become a Performance Management Expert
Two-Day ‘Performance Management Practitioner’ OPEN Programme
May 6th & 7th 2020 – book below
Dates 6th & 7th May 2020
Times 9.30am to 4.30pm
Venue Central London
Cost per delegate £1,495 plus VAT
Programme leaders Hedda Bird MBA, Fellow CIPD and Founder Director of 3C, and Fleur McDonnell, 3C Specialist
This intensive two-day open programme invites professionals in HR, L&D, OD and all others responsible for the success of performance management to become Performance Management experts ready to lead and support in-house performance programmes.
The programme gives delegates the confidence, skills and knowledge needed to make performance management value-adding and sustainable.
The programme accommodates up to 20 delegates from all sectors. (A maximum of up to 4 delegates per organisation). This is a non-residential course, so accommodation is not provided. Delegates will be expected to arrange their own travel and accommodation. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
During the two days, delegates will:
- grow their understanding of the latest thinking on managing and improving individual performance
- explore industry research, proven best practice and real case studies to enhance understanding
- complete practical work to apply new knowledge to designing their in-house performance management process
- understand how to apply knowledge and skills to existing workplace challenges: this section includes material tailored to each delegate and may include for example Dealing with Poor Performance, Performance Related Pay, Choices around Performance Ratings, Engaging Senior Leaders
- learn techniques to align performance conversations with organisation strategy at all levels of the organisation
- learn skills to drive engagement and harness talent through helping managers understand the three key steps of employee motivation
- practise skills to help managers set challenging expectations for their teams
- explore toolkits to use with managers and colleagues ensuring performance conversations have a purpose – delegates will practise with fellow participants
By the end of the two days, delegates will know:
- how to design and lead workshops to re-think performance management in their organisation
- how to engage senior leaders in fresh thinking on performance management
- the essential steps to turn strategy into action through performance management
- how to incorporate the known drivers of motivation into their performance management process, practice and training.
In short – delegates will have the skills to become your organisation’s ‘go to’ employees to help solve persistent, organisation-wide challenges with performance.
- Performance Management Toolkits to use with colleagues
- 3C’s comprehensive White Paper on turning strategy into action to share with senior leaders
- 3C’s book on the 5 Principles for Brilliant Performance Conversations
- A workbook packed with hints and tips to use immediately
We will ask you to complete a short questionnaire which will enable us to understand your current level of expertise, your key learning outcomes, and where you currently are with performance management within your organisation.
We will incorporate all of this information into our programme, giving each delegate a chance to take home specific and relevant learning. Sharing cross sector performance management successes and challenges with other delegates is also a key benefit of the two days.
Please use the booking form below, and we will contact you to confirm your place and further details. All fees to be paid on confirmation of booking – we can invoice you or you can pay by credit card, which we’ll discuss with you when you book.
20 places available.
|Programme:||TWO-DAY PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT PRACTITIONER OPEN PROGRAMME
|Date:||May 6th 2020 - May 7th 2020|
Book Your Place Now!
I noticed a real difference in the quality of performance conversations I could have with my team after they had been on the ‘It’s My Conversation’ programme. Conversations with those who had been on the programme were more meaningful, more constructive and a much better use of both of our time, compared with those who had not. I did the programme myself and found its approach deeply engaging and a very powerful learning experience.
Lucy Hoyte, Strategy Team Leader, Westminster City Council
We couldn’t have designed our new approach to Performance Management without 3C. They know their stuff, and work from a strong evidence base. Engaging a large, global organisation is never easy – 3C have shown they understand our challenges and have most importantly helped us re-purpose our performance management to deliver our strategy as well as massively simplify the process for our workforce.
Bernadette Bruton, Global Talent and OD Director, Aviva plc
…3C have had a big impact on how we think about and manage performance. The interactive development sessions for all managers and introduction of core competencies have really opened our eyes to how we can keep our highly skilled workforce engaged and motivated. Our engineers and project managers are starting to see managing people as a key set of skills that can be learnt and developed, and are enthused about the next stages of the programme.
David Hancox, Chief Operating Officer, Structa LLP
...thank you for the expert work you and your colleagues at 3C have done to help set our objectives and implement our strategy. I did not fully appreciate the benefits until I saw how it has worked out this year. There has been visible change in focus. Much of the success was due to the clear and engaging way you presented the issues to senior staff.
Professor Steven Cowley, CEO, United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority
Having analysed the feedback sheets (nearly 1000), over 78% rated the session 7 or higher. Even better, 95% said the training helped them in their next appraisal, so all in all, very positive indeed. This is remarkable for a mandatory training session!
Sonia Young, Human Resource Services, Anglia Ruskin University