Brilliant Performance Conversations
4 x 90-minute virtual workshops for managers
Brilliant Performance Conversations for Managers
Four x 90-minute energising workshops that will help you create sustainable and remarkable results for your managers. All workshops are delivered virtually for a maximum of 10 delegates.
- Meaningful Performance Conversations – making Performance Conversations work
- Understanding the challenges of translating organisation strategy into action for your team
- Know what a meaningful conversation is – The 3C conversation
- How do I really engage people whilst remote working?
- Well-being – recognising when to modify your conversation when appropriate
- What is my vision for my team?
- Coaching for Performance – supercharge Performance Conversations
- Directive versus non-directive learning and coaching– what’s my default style? What does my team need?
- Building trust
- How do I get coaching quick wins?
- How do I manage the differing needs and personalities of my team members?
- Fantastic Feedback – making conversations rewarding
- What impact is my feedback having? Am I giving the messages I need to give to my team?
- Quick tips for dealing with staff demotivated or struggling with remote working
- Have a selection of tips and tools to prepare and deliver “fantastic” feedback
- Understand and manage possible reactions to feedback conversations
- Preparation and practice
- Setting Expectations – raising the bar for excellence
- What does “raising the bar” mean for me and each of my team?
- How can I help my team be more creative/innovative? And deliver the results or positive change of that creativity?
- How do I create the conditions for performance conversation commitments to happen? What can we actually change?
We asked participants attending each workshop what they would say about it to others. Here is a selection of their responses:
Workshop 1 – Meaningful Performance Conversations – making Performance Conversations work
- Good tips on how to lead a coaching session: what are good questions to ask and good practice opportunities
- Opens your mind to different ideas of how to converse with other people
- Challenges own and others assumptions – better equipped to think and understand others’ situations – ultimately deliver a better service
- It makes you think about how to get more useful feedback out of a performance conversation (both parties)
Workshop 2 – Coaching for Performance– supercharge Performance Conversations
- Help to appreciate the value of coaching as a management style – understand how you react to different personality types and how to adapt to them
- Help to understand current performance and encourage development/develop manager’s coaching skills
- Allows you to see the bigger picture of why you are doing your role and how to tackle what you really want
- Really helps to consider how to work with challenging people in your team, different solutions/approaches
Workshop 3 – Fantastic Feedback – making conversations rewarding
- Really helpful for understanding the best way to give feedback to different kinds of people
- It will make you think about how you speak to your colleagues and how you can develop better working relationships
- Having some models to structure feedback conversations makes initiating them less daunting
- This session will help you learn how to constructively use feedback to positively improve a frustrated situation
Workshop 4 – Setting Expectations – raising the bar for excellence
- This session really provides actual techniques that can be used to target difference issues
- Helps you to come up with new ways of generating ideas when you are stuck
- It will challenge you to think about realistic ways in which you can raise the bar in your own role
- Good examples of different approaches to creative thinking and help improve thinking/planning
Content will be tailored to your needs. Up to 10 delegates.
Learn more about 3C’s other virtual training solutions for managers and employees.
3C's 'Become an Effective and Confident Trainer' course encouraged me to find my virtual trainer voice. Since the course, I deliver sessions with the security of knowing that I am using tried and tested techniques and the confidence to develop my own activities. The course modelled the learning involved and Hedda and colleagues on the course were an excellent sounding board for ideas.
Kate Davies, Faculty Liaison Librarian for Medicine, Health and Social Care, Canterbury Christ Church University
I noticed a real difference in the quality of performance conversations I could have with my team after they had been on the ‘It’s My Conversation’ programme. Conversations with those who had been on the programme were more meaningful, more constructive and a much better use of both of our time, compared with those who had not. I did the programme myself and found its approach deeply engaging and a very powerful learning experience.
Lucy Hoyte, Strategy Team Leader, Westminster City Council
We couldn’t have designed our new approach to Performance Management without 3C. They know their stuff, and work from a strong evidence base. Engaging a large, global organisation is never easy – 3C have shown they understand our challenges and have most importantly helped us re-purpose our performance management to deliver our strategy as well as massively simplify the process for our workforce.
Bernadette Bruton, Global Talent and OD Director, Aviva plc
…3C have had a big impact on how we think about and manage performance. The interactive development sessions for all managers and introduction of core competencies have really opened our eyes to how we can keep our highly skilled workforce engaged and motivated. Our engineers and project managers are starting to see managing people as a key set of skills that can be learnt and developed, and are enthused about the next stages of the programme.
David Hancox, Chief Operating Officer, Structa LLP
...thank you for the expert work you and your colleagues at 3C have done to help set our objectives and implement our strategy. I did not fully appreciate the benefits until I saw how it has worked out this year. There has been visible change in focus. Much of the success was due to the clear and engaging way you presented the issues to senior staff.
Professor Steven Cowley, CEO, United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority