It’s MY Performance Conversation
A revolutionary workshop to change people’s attitude to performance conversations for good…
It’s MY Performance Conversation
It’s MY Performance Conversation creates that lightbulb moment when your people switch on and take ownership of their conversation!
We use Forum Theatre as an irresistible way to engage even the most questioning and sceptical manager and employee in the importance of effective year-round performance conversations.
Delegates watch short scenarios tailored to meet your key messages around effective year-round performance reviews. The scenarios typically involve a humorous and very recognisable take on what happens when things go badly! Delegates then take part in a group discussion to propose and explore possible improvements in behaviour for ‘best practice’ performance conversations. The scenario is then re-enacted using the proposed improvement and delegates experience exactly how differently the scenario plays out…
Watch here to see what we achieved at Newcastle Building Society.
- Forum Theatre is highly effective with technical experts, professionals and academics because it goes straight to the question of behaviour and cuts through any intellectualising.
- Success comes from deep engagement with the staged interaction rather than ‘being clever’ or ‘winning people round’ to a particular viewpoint
- Forum Theatre provides a space in which issues can be discussed openly and honestly, whilst fictional characters in highly recognisable situations provoke an emotional response from delegates
- Forum Theatre shows how a successful performance conversation works rather than telling the delegates what to do. The result is that delegates take ownership of the outcomes and introduce a high level of good practice into their workplace
- It’s a hugely powerful learning experience. The fact that it is very entertaining making the key messages even more memorable!
Ideally a 2-hour session, Forum Theatre workshops can accommodate up to 40 delegates in any one session. We can run 3 sessions in one day – delivering to up to 120 staff in one day.
Read our case study here.
I noticed a real difference in the quality of performance conversations I could have with my team after they had been on the ‘It’s My Conversation’ programme. Conversations with those who had been on the programme were more meaningful, more constructive and a much better use of both of our time, compared with those who had not. I did the programme myself and found its approach deeply engaging and a very powerful learning experience.
Lucy Hoyte, Strategy Team Leader, Westminster City Council
We couldn’t have designed our new approach to Performance Management without 3C. They know their stuff, and work from a strong evidence base. Engaging a large, global organisation is never easy – 3C have shown they understand our challenges and have most importantly helped us re-purpose our performance management to deliver our strategy as well as massively simplify the process for our workforce.
Bernadette Bruton, Global Talent and OD Director, Aviva plc
…3C have had a big impact on how we think about and manage performance. The interactive development sessions for all managers and introduction of core competencies have really opened our eyes to how we can keep our highly skilled workforce engaged and motivated. Our engineers and project managers are starting to see managing people as a key set of skills that can be learnt and developed, and are enthused about the next stages of the programme.
David Hancox, Chief Operating Officer, Structa LLP
...thank you for the expert work you and your colleagues at 3C have done to help set our objectives and implement our strategy. I did not fully appreciate the benefits until I saw how it has worked out this year. There has been visible change in focus. Much of the success was due to the clear and engaging way you presented the issues to senior staff.
Professor Steven Cowley, CEO, United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority
Having analysed the feedback sheets (nearly 1000), over 78% rated the session 7 or higher. Even better, 95% said the training helped them in their next appraisal, so all in all, very positive indeed. This is remarkable for a mandatory training session!
Sonia Young, Human Resource Services, Anglia Ruskin University