It’s MY Performance Conversation
A revolutionary workshop to change people’s attitude to performance conversations for good…
It’s MY Performance Conversation
It’s MY Performance Conversation creates that lightbulb moment when your people switch on and take ownership of their conversation!
We use Forum Theatre as an irresistible way to engage even the most questioning and sceptical manager and employee in the importance of effective year-round performance conversations.
Delegates watch short scenarios tailored to meet your key messages around effective year-round performance reviews. The scenarios typically involve a humorous and very recognisable take on what happens when things go badly! Delegates then take part in a group discussion to propose and explore possible improvements in behaviour for ‘best practice’ performance conversations. The scenario is then re-enacted using the proposed improvement and delegates experience exactly how differently the scenario plays out…
Watch here to see what we achieved at Newcastle Building Society.
- Forum Theatre is highly effective with technical experts, professionals and academics because it goes straight to the question of behaviour and cuts through any intellectualising.
- Success comes from deep engagement with the staged interaction rather than ‘being clever’ or ‘winning people round’ to a particular viewpoint
- Forum Theatre provides a space in which issues can be discussed openly and honestly, whilst fictional characters in highly recognisable situations provoke an emotional response from delegates
- Forum Theatre shows how a successful performance conversation works rather than telling the delegates what to do. The result is that delegates take ownership of the outcomes and introduce a high level of good practice into their workplace
- It’s a hugely powerful learning experience. The fact that it is very entertaining making the key messages even more memorable!
Ideally a 2-hour session, Forum Theatre workshops can accommodate up to 40 delegates in any one session. We can run 3 sessions in one day – delivering to up to 120 staff in one day.
Read our case study here.
Hedda, you were marvellous at directing/guiding us all in the right direction with sublime ease… well, you made it look that easy anyway! I believe all of the team learnt a considerable amount of useful techniques to use going forwards as virtual trainers. You ensured that everyone was included and carried us all along excellently. It was good to see our Advisors blossoming ‘virtually’ as each day went by.
Pete George, Health & Safety Manager, Howdens
"Fantastic use of tech. Thank you - this was really thought-provoking, and thanks also to the actors Adam and Pippa for making it very engaging!"
‘Forum Theatre Live’ Delegate, Canterbury Christ Church University
I noticed a real difference in the quality of performance conversations I could have with my team after they had been on the ‘It’s My Conversation’ programme. Conversations with those who had been on the programme were more meaningful, more constructive and a much better use of both of our time, compared with those who had not. I did the programme myself and found its approach deeply engaging and a very powerful learning experience.
Lucy Hoyte, Strategy Team Leader, Westminster City Council
3C's 'Become an Effective and Confident Trainer' course encouraged me to find my virtual trainer voice. Since the course, I deliver sessions with the security of knowing that I am using tried and tested techniques and the confidence to develop my own activities. The course modelled the learning involved and Hedda and colleagues on the course were an excellent sounding board for ideas.
Kate Davies, Faculty Liaison Librarian for Medicine, Health and Social Care, Canterbury Christ Church University
We couldn’t have designed our new approach to Performance Management without 3C. They know their stuff, and work from a strong evidence base. Engaging a large, global organisation is never easy – 3C have shown they understand our challenges and have most importantly helped us re-purpose our performance management to deliver our strategy as well as massively simplify the process for our workforce.
Bernadette Bruton, Global Talent and OD Director, Aviva plc